Engineering Manager - Database as a Service (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
We are looking for someone passionate about heading our Database as a Service team in order to provide excellent products, service and support.
The IONOS Database as a Service team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced technical manager to support our engineers and lead the team that develops and runs our database related products. This person will be responsible for motivating and monitoring engineers, provide coaching and aid in personal growth and development.
The DBaaS team focuses on developing and maintaining database services for customers, whether it’s relational databases like Postgres, document-based, key-value stores, time series databases or other NoSQL offerings. For our customers, the database is often the reliable center of their architecture, providing data persistence, consistency and structure - the solid rock on which to build their applications.
We are looking for someone strongly familiar with teams and processes, who will be accountable for the engineering team’s performance and quality. As such, you will also manage recruitment of the team as we grow. This role reports into the Head of Engineering, Platform as a Service.
- Recruiting, managing and maintaining an excellent engineering team.
- Planning and executing complex technical projects related to database service offerings.
- Collaboration with technical leads.
- Contribute to the overall architecture, design and development of database projects.
- Managing software project schedules.
- Maintain and improve team performance and quality of life.
- Developing processes to improve product performance and quality.
- Ensure successful product and feature rollouts, as well as reliable operations.
- Create a healthy team culture and transparent communication.
- Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring and one-to-one meetings.
- Planning and executing training for the engineering team.
- Agile mindset and extensive experience with modern development practices.
- Experience managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers.
- Experience with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
- Domain specific knowledge of databases and database principles.
- Solid hands-on experience with database operations including complex HA setups.
- Experience in shipping products and coordinating releases with relevant players.
- Experience developing cross-disciplinary collaboration between engineering, operations, support and product teams.
- Experience with end-to-end quality best practices and their implementation.
- Experience with staffing, interviewing, building and retaining teams.
- Experience conveying complex ideas in written, verbal and presentational formats.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes Operators and GoLang is a bonus but not required.
Category: IT Software Development
Work experience: Executive
Reference ID: 1054
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5