System Administrator (f/m/d) - DDoS Defense and Web Protection
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
We are a team of highly motivated security experts looking for the right addition to our team. As a system administrator in charge of the protection of our hosting products, you are responsible for planning, operation, and further development of our DDoS defense solution. You can expect a modern, globally distributed, and highly scalable infrastructure which protects our customers as well as our own infrastructure from DDoS attacks on a daily basis. In a culture which places great value on creative ideas, agile working methods, initiative, and participation you can expect the following tasks:
- Administration and troubleshooting of highly available and complex infrastructures including participation in an on-call service rotation.
- Further development and optimization of the distributed DDoS defense platforms as well as the analysis and visualization mechanisms.
- Monitoring of the systems, analysis of attacks, and observation of current trends.
- Evaluation and assessment of new technologies and products.
- Development and implementation of new functions as well as planning and operation of international setups.
- Support company goals through efficient operating architecture, active lifecycle management, and lean processes in an agile DevOps environment.
- Conception, setup, and further development of CI/CD pipelines and the necessary technical processes.
You have studied Computer Science or have completed comparable education. You have a keen interest in security topics, good network knowledge, and have the following qualifications:
- Several years of experience in the administration of complex distributed Linux systems.
- Configuration and operation of Apache and Nginx as reverse proxy or web application firewall.
- Deployment of BGP, flowspec, and anycast routing on Linux systems and network routers.
- A preference to automate with Ansible, Puppet, and Python instead of doing the same manual tasks over and over again.
- Good analytical skills to evaluate DDoS attacks, implement countermeasures, and continuously develop our defense platforms.
- Like us, you are a fan of Open Source, especially Linux.
- The ability to communicate with an international team fluently in English and German.
Location: Karlsruhe or Berlin
Category: IT System Administration
Work experience: Graduates | Professionals
Reference ID: 1188
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5