Linux Systemengineer (f/m/d) for Hosting IT-Infrastructure Services
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
For the operation of the global, Linux-based infrastructure service at 1&1 IONOS we are looking for an experienced and Linux-savvy system engineer. We give you your own responsibility and creative possibilities to ensure the reliable operation of the extensive and worldwide services together with a competent team and to drive its development further. A dynamic environment that is open to technical innovations and creative solutions awaits you.
- You administer our various IT infrastructure services (Webserver, Apache, Haproxy, Loadbalancer, Puppet, Grafana, Prometheus, Git/Svn, PKI/CA, HSM) running on about 700 systems (Vms and servers) in multiple datacenters around the world and you ensure their high availability.
- You analyze problems, eliminate faults within the scope of the respective ITIL processes and document them.
- You will do performance analysis and optimization and also evaluate new technologies.
- In addition, you will participate in a rotating 2nd level on-call support together with the team.
It is important to us that you have a solid knowledge of Linux systems and an interest in system administration, that you are motivated and curious, and that you like to share your knowledge.
- Solid knowledge in the administration of Linux systems (SSH, Bash, etc) is a prerequisite. Ideally, you already bring experience in the administration of large Linux environments and knowledge of the associated challenges.
- Furthermore, basic knowledge of networking (e.g. Ipv4 /Ipv6, routing, BGP), databases and troubleshooting with Linux systems is useful.
- Know-how in scripting languages like Bash, Python, Ruby or similar as well as in automation and orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible) complete your profile.
- We consider experience in development and handling software code (GIT, SSDLC) as an asset, as well as knowledge of building, operating and using containers.
- You have a structured and independent way of working, which you have acquired during your studies or an equivalent professional activity. A good command of English, the ability to work in a team, and a communicative and open-minded attitude towards our internal partners are all part of your good manners.
Category: IT System Administration
Work experience: Graduates | Professionals
Reference ID: 1282
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5