Cloud Engineer (f/m/d) - Software-as-a-Service
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
The IT Operations Application Hosting team is looking for a Cloud Engineer with a passionate interest in cloud and container technologies based on Linux and Kubernetes. Are you interested in both the operation and development of mission critical software and services? Do you want to contribute to the company's success as part of a team of motivated experts? In a culture characterized by cooperation, initiative and co-determination, the following tasks await you:
- Your main area of operation is the operation, maintenance and optimization of Product Services, as well as Middleware Services, which are operated in close cooperation with developers* from different areas, partly on Kubernetes and partly on VM's.
- In addition, you will create container images for infrastructure and application components and support the migration of existing systems to our cloud platforms (e.g. IONOS Cloud) as well as the development and setup of new products and services as part of projects.
- You develop, operate and maintain the internal support infrastructure (e.g. Elastic, GitLab CI/CD, Concourse CI, Prometheus, Icinga2, Rundeck, API - Gateways).
- You will design, automate and maintain build and deployment processes as well as CI/CD - pipelines.
- You will participate in a rotating 24/7 on-call support in the event that an issue could not be resolved through a self-healing process.
In addition to a successfully completed technical degree or equivalent training, you are a team player who enjoys working in cross-functional teams. You like to continuously develop yourself and compensate for any knowledge gaps with high motivation and the willingness to fill them. You are a convinced advocate of automation. Agile methods are familiar to you and your heart beats for DevOps as well as topics around Cloud Native.
- Enthusiasm for the development, automation and operation of cloud-based application infrastructures.
- Solid knowledge of the Linux operating system, container technologies and in particular Kubernetes.
- Experience using automation and configuration management software and tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Rundeck, SaltStack, Terraform).
- Programming experience, e.g., with Golang, Python, or Java, and in using or addressing REST API's.
- Experience in designing, customizing and maintaining build and deployment pipelines using CI/CD - tools (e.g. GitLab CI/CD, Concourse CI, HELM), as well as interest in GitOps.
- Experience with operating and troubleshooting highly available and distributed production environments, including monitoring, alerting, and log analysis of distributed applications (e.g. Prometheus, thanos.io, Grafana, FluentD, ELK, Jaeger, icinga2).
Category: IT System Administration
Work experience: Graduates | Professionals
Reference ID: 1379
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in several countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5