Cloud Senior Linux Engineer (f/m/d) - SRE
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
Operational ownership of our global, full stack supporting platforms and infrastructure, ensuring operational stability and performance, plus developing them in line with the SRE team mission.
- Development and operation of our core virtualisation and storage (CEPH) platforms.
- Development and operation of ancillary services (DNS, DHCP, Backup, Malware, User Management etc.).
- Integration of core services with the wider IONOS ecosystem.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Participate in on-call rotation. Participate, collaborate and provide guidance in retrospectives.
- Find scalability bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements.
- Strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
Candidates with strong Linux System Administration skills are required. This role would be perfect for a Senior Linux Engineer who is looking to develop further into full stack Cloud Engineering and Automation. The technologies within use includes: Debian, Proxmox, Ceph, Prometheus, Loki, Thanos, Grafana, Docker, Helm, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Go, Git.
- 5 years + experience in a Mid-Senior / Senior Linux Engineer Role.
- Full stack (Networking, Storage, Compute).
- A passion for Open Source and community driven development.
- English is a must, German a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver problem resolution.
Category: IT Software Development
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 1534
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5