Site Reliability Engineer: PaaS (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
- Running our Kubernetes and service infrastructure.
- Building software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Developing monitoring and alerting rules for symptoms and not outages.
- Participating in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
- Improving the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Be on an on call rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
- Agile mindset and experience with modern development practices.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks.
- Profound experience with cloud environments and Kubernetes.
- Profound experience with the Linux operating system.
- Experience with network fundamentals.
What else we would like to tell you:
The IONOS PaaS SRE team is seeking a highly motivated and experienced site reliability engineer.
As a team we have three areas of responsibility: platform operations, supporting services for the product teams and telemetry. We are responsible for the continued operation of our Platform as a Service offerings, including incident handling. We work with the product development teams to establish and maintain our service offerings and provide a tight feedback loop on their services’ performance. Accordingly, we provide monitoring, logging, metrics and other cross-product infrastructure on Kubernetes, so our product teams don’t have to worry about it. Finally, we gather all required metrics to enable data-driven decision making for our platforms and services.
We are a development focussed team. While we absolutely need to work with all available tools to react to incidents, solutions should first and foremost result in code and automation. Our weapons of choice are Ansible, GoLang, GitOps and CI/CD - not root shells and bash scripts.
Category: IT Software Development
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 1556
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5