Cloud Engineer (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form
Become a part of our cross-functional development team and support us to strengthen the online presence of our customers. Today, multiple SMB owners and individuals build their online presence with our successful website builder. As a team member you will take responsibility for the following tasks:
- Development of the product’s infrastructure, as well as supporting the transformation of our software into the IONOS Cloud infrastructure.
- Point of contact for internal stakeholders. You support your colleagues on the implementation of technical requirements for the infrastructure.
- Development, operation and maintenance of the internal support infrastructure (e.g. Elastic, GitLab CI/CD, Prometheus, Icinga2, Rundeck, API gateways, RabbitMQ, Redis).
- Optimization and scaling of the system in service-oriented architecture.
- Continuous collaborative optimization of our agile development and delivery processes.
You are an experienced Cloud Engineer who likes to work in a customer and product focused environment. Preferably you have solid experience in running highly available applications, preferably with PHP, Apache or Nginx, with several 100,000 users. In addition, you have the following qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for development, automation and operation of cloud-based application infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux operating system and container technologies, especially Kubernetes.
- Experience in using automation and configuration management software and tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Rundeck, SaltStack, Terraform).
- Experience with running and troubleshooting highly available and distributed production environments, including monitoring, alerting, and log analysis of distributed applications (e.g., Prometheus, thanos.io, Grafana, FluentD, ELK, Jaeger, icinga2).
- You are an open-minded and pragmatic team player with good German and English skills who is looking for a challenging job in an agile environment.
The following benefits await you:
- Hybrid working model with home office option.
- Flexible working hours through trust-based working hours.
- At some locations a subsidized canteen and various free drinks.
- Modern office space with very good transport connections.
- Various employee discounts for activities and products.
- Employee events such as summer and winter parties, as well as workshops.
- Numerous training and development opportunities.
- Various health offers, such as sports and health courses.
Location: Karlsruhe or Nationwide (Germany)
Category: IT Software Development
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 1682
IONOS is the leading European digitalization partner for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company serves around six million customers and operates across 18 markets in Europe and North America, with its services being accessible worldwide. With its Web Presence & Productivity portfolio, IONOS acts as a 'one-stop shop' for all digitalization needs: from domains and web hosting to classic website builders and do-it-yourself solutions, from e-commerce to online marketing tools. In addition, the company offers Cloud Solutions to enterprises who are looking to move to the cloud as their businesses evolve.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5