Engineering Manager: PaaS Integrations Team (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
We are looking for someone passionate about leading our Integrations team in order to provide excellent frameworks, guidance and services. This person will be responsible for motivating and monitoring engineers, providing coaching and aid in personal growth and development.
This is a hand-on position. You will be taking part in the team’s daily tasks.
In our team, we have two main tasks. The first is building good templates and examples for other teams, so that they have solid foundations for their own microservices and products. The other task is to on-board, train, coach and support these teams while they work on their projects, making sure everything fits into the IONOS Cloud PaaS landscape.
Our landscape is based on cloud-native toolchains, the Go programming language, Kubernetes and Kubernetes operators.
We build and improve the code base that new projects will typically start from. Our example sources, pipelines, test frameworks and documentation aim to make it fast, easy and secure to start new projects across all other teams, as well as maintaining these projects long-term.
This cross-functional team is currently being founded and in its early stages will gather wisdom from existing products before designing the guidelines and tools for future projects.
This role reports to the Head of IONOS Platform as a Service.
- Managing, maintaining and recruiting an excellent engineering team.
- Planning and executing complex technical projects.
- Collaboration with technical leads.
- Maintain and improve team performance and quality of life.
- Create a healthy team culture and transparent communication.
- Providing coaching and counseling via mentoring and one-to-one meetings.
- Developing best-practice templates for new and existing microservices and product integrations in terms of code base, CI/CD, testing, instrumentation, etc.
- Serving as a mentor and point of contact for other developers regarding all aspects of integration and fitting their projects into the IONOS cloud landscape.
- Supporting other development teams with frameworks, workshops, coaching, documentation, service templates and more.
- Agile mindset and extensive experience with modern development practices.
- Some experience managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers.
- Solid hands-on experience with developing microservices and REST APIs, preferably in Go and cloud-native environments.
- Solid hands-on experience with DevOps tools and CI/CD pipelines.
- A constructive, helpful mindset, enjoying a cross-functional developer support role.
- Ability to convey complex ideas in written, verbal and presentational formats.
- Experience with Kubernetes container orchestration and helm charts.
- Some experience with staffing, interviewing, building and retaining teams.
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in several countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5