Head of TechOps Bare Metal Operations (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form
In order to optimize cost efficiency, security and sustainability, IONOS uses a global portfolio of data centers, of which around 10 are owned and around 20 are rented, which house around 100,000 bare metal devices for operating its cloud platforms.
We are looking for a strategic and passionate leader to own and further develop the responsibility for the global bare metal devices in a team (including IT platforms) of 10 colleagues and led by 5 team leaders:
- 24x7 operation of the physical life cycle of the bare metal devices (up to, not including OS).
- Ensuring the security of the bare metal operations by supporting Information Security Management Systems (ISMS).
- Support of the energy management system (EnMS) based on ISO 50001.
- Support of the Environmental Management System (EMS) based on ISO 14001 (under development).
- Support for certifications, e.g. B. ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, IT-Grundschutz, C5 etc.
- Proactive cost/risk management.
For the position of Head of TechOps Bare Metal Operations we are looking for an experienced manager:
- Strategic leader who owns a long-term Bare Metal strategy and translates it to the tactical level ("We get things done") in alignment with IT and business strategy/tactics.
- Highly structural thinking/acting to analyze, manage and optimize a highly complex technical environment.
- > 10 years of experience running large bare metal environments (at least thousands of servers, hundreds of racks, MWs of IT power consumption).
- Work in large companies (thousands of employees) with corresponding corporate structures/processes.
- Years of experience working in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Very good command of spoken and written English and the ability to negotiate with native speakers. Spanish is helpful but not mandatory.
- Team player (e.g. with colleagues running network and IT departments) and service provider (e.g. optimizing the bare metal environment for the products/customers, not for own goals).
- Willingness to travel internationally on a monthly basis.
- Understands the critical role of bare metal operations in relation to the environment and is willing to strategically minimize their impact.
- Scientific degree optional but preferred.
The following benefits await you:
- Hybrid working model with home office option.
- Flexible working hours through trust-based working hours.
- At some locations a subsidized canteen and various free drinks.
- Modern office space with very good transport connections.
- Various employee discounts for activities and products.
- Employee events such as summer and winter parties, as well as workshops.
- Numerous training and development opportunities.
- Various health offers, such as sports and health courses.
Category: Data Center
Work experience: Executive
Reference ID: 3687
IONOS is the leading European digitalization partner for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company serves around six million customers and operates across 18 markets in Europe and North America, with its services being accessible worldwide. With its Web Presence & Productivity portfolio, IONOS acts as a 'one-stop shop' for all digitalization needs: from domains and web hosting to classic website builders and do-it-yourself solutions, from e-commerce to online marketing tools. In addition, the company offers Cloud Solutions to enterprises who are looking to move to the cloud as their businesses evolve.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5