Senior Database Admin (f/m/d) - Platform Services
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form
- Database installs, upgrades, patching, security, troubleshooting and issue resolution, backup procedures, and performance tuning.
- Advise on scaling our Core Database (Regions Availability Zones - bare metal installs).
- Implement backup and recovery processes.
- Optimize query performance.
- Perform database health checks.
- Plan and perform the database upgrades.
- Perform maintenance.
- Work closely with the application team to understand changes planned, perform an impact analysis, and provide feedback.
- Automate deployment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Due to the 24x7 operations of the business you must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include nights, weekends, holidays, emergency escalations, etc.
- Contributes to our roadmap of microservice development in the design of new architectures and services.
- Experience with PostgreSQL version 10 and over in mission critical applications.
- Experience with PostgreSQL replication topologies, physical and logical replication.
- Experience with PostgreSQL HA Setups, e.g. Patroni, repmgr.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL backup strategies and tools e.g. barman, pgbackrest, wal-e/wal-g.
- Good understanding of PostgreSQL performance on bare-metal and virtual machines running Linux.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL monitoring using tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- General knowledge of Linux systems, volume management, filesystems, proficiency with bash.
- Knowledge of supporting infrastructure for Postgres, connection poolers and proxies.
- (optional) knowledge of Ansible automation.
- (optional) experience with PostgreSQL in Kubernetes.
- Hybrid working model with home office option.
- Flexible working hours through trust-based working hours.
- At some locations a subsidized canteen and various free drinks.
- Modern office space with very good transport connections.
- Various employee discounts for activities and products.
- Employee events such as summer and winter parties, as well as workshops.
- Numerous training and development opportunities.
- Various health offers, such as sports and health courses.
Location: Berlin or Work from home
Category: IT Software Development
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 3695
IONOS is the leading European digitalization partner for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company serves around six million customers and operates across 18 markets in Europe and North America, with its services being accessible worldwide. With its Web Presence & Productivity portfolio, IONOS acts as a 'one-stop shop' for all digitalization needs: from domains and web hosting to classic website builders and do-it-yourself solutions, from e-commerce to online marketing tools. In addition, the company offers Cloud Solutions to enterprises who are looking to move to the cloud as their businesses evolve.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5