Senior Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form
IONOS is the largest hosting company in Europe, we are currently on an exciting mission to become the #1 European Cloud, to provide an alternative to the hyperscale providers. Site Reliability Engineering supports and drives our production standards. Working closely, or integrated into, our infrastructure product teams (Compute, Storage) you are given an autonomous role to drive forward observability and insights, improvements in automation and reduction of toil and to work across the full stack. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in a truly European technology project, backed by Europe’s largest hosting provider. This is not the usual consuming public cloud services, but engineering the physical infrastructure and platform underpinning a Cloud product.
This role is highly autonomous and empowered to drive change, improvement and standards, in the heart of the Cloud project. You will be fully supported to:
- Work integrated into our Product Units (Compute or Storage depending on background).
- Have the opportunity to rotate, change and develop your skills through multiple product units, technology stacks and projects.
- Identify and own problems, drive the resolution of them within the Product Units.
- Provide meaningful insights into the products, services and their deployments, specifically regarding performance, scaling and reliability.
- Drive observability topics (Prometheus, Grafana, Thanos, Loki etc.).
- Automation of current processes, identify scaling issues and opportunities for improvement.
This is a demanding and challenging role. We need the best people, the role and scope is yours to own and define.
- Experience of working at scale.
- Compute \ Infrastructure Engineer (CPU architectures, Kernel development, Linux virtualisation).
- Storage Engineer (Block storage, SDS (eg: Ceph), Benchmarking and Performance.
- Good understanding of Networking (OSI model).
- Proficient in one or more languages (Go \ Python etc.).
- Can build relationships, work collaboratively and influence through well-presented technical discussions.
- The hybrid working model with the home office option.
- Flexible working hours through trust-based working hours.
- At some locations a subsidized canteen and various free drinks.
- Modern office space with very good transport connections.
- Various employee discounts for activities and products.
- Employee events such as summer and winter parties, as well as workshops.
- Numerous training and development opportunities.
- Various health offers, such as sports and health courses.
Category: IT Software Development
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 3703
IONOS is the leading European digitalization partner for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company serves around six million customers and operates across 18 markets in Europe and North America, with its services being accessible worldwide. With its Web Presence & Productivity portfolio, IONOS acts as a 'one-stop shop' for all digitalization needs: from domains and web hosting to classic website builders and do-it-yourself solutions, from e-commerce to online marketing tools. In addition, the company offers Cloud Solutions to enterprises who are looking to move to the cloud as their businesses evolve.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5