Site Reliability Engineer Observability (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form
Our team of highly motivated Observability and Operations experts is looking for more teammates. As a site reliability engineer you will develop and operate together with system administrators and network engineers our observability stack from metal to BGP announcement. Your responsibilities also include driving the development of components in other departments.
In a culture which places great value on creative ideas, agile working methods, initiative, and participation you can expect the following tasks:
- Provision, operate and migrate distributed, high available Services on Linux.
- Support our system administrators to automate operational tasks and rollouts.
- Provide interfaces for integration in our products for other teams.
- You will actively maintain and develop systems for cross-company monitoring and reporting including participation in an on-call service rotation.
- Support company goals through efficient operating architecture, active lifecycle management and lean processes in an agile DevOps environment.
- You will continuously update your knowledge and experience in handling Linux and networking technologies and contribute them effectively to the team.
- You will analyze problems, resolve incidents in accordance with the respective ITIL processes, and document them.
- The foundation of your success is a completed computer science degree or equivalent qualification.
- 5+ years of practical experience in administering 100+ Linux systems (no specifc distro) in 3+ data centers.
- Experience with monitoring, configuration, VCS, and visualization tools (Icinga2, Puppet, Ansible, git, grafana).
- Familiar with databases, messaging, and metric systems (collectd/telegraf, Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Metrictank, ELK).
- Understanding of modern software architectures and their deployment (REST, Microservices, Docker, CI/CD).
- Knowledge of network and infrastructure services (DNS, BGP, VLANs, Firewalling, IPv6).
- Scripting/programming knowledge (Bash, Python, Golang, Java etc.).
- The ability to communicate with an international team fluently in English, German is a benefit.
The following benefits await you:
- Hybrid working model with home office option.
- Flexible working hours through trust-based working hours.
- At some locations a subsidized canteen and various free drinks.
- Modern office space with very good transport connections.
- Various employee discounts for activities and products.
- Employee events such as summer and winter parties, as well as workshops.
- Numerous training and development opportunities.
- Various health offers, such as sports and health courses.
Location: Karlsruhe, Nationwide (Germany) or Work from home
Category: IT System Administration
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 3803
IONOS is the leading European digitalization partner for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company serves around six million customers and operates across 18 markets in Europe and North America, with its services being accessible worldwide. With its Web Presence & Productivity portfolio, IONOS acts as a 'one-stop shop' for all digitalization needs: from domains and web hosting to classic website builders and do-it-yourself solutions, from e-commerce to online marketing tools. In addition, the company offers Cloud Solutions to enterprises who are looking to move to the cloud as their businesses evolve.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5