Site Reliability Engineer (f/m/d) for internal virtualization platform
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form
For the operation of the internal, linux-based virtualization platform at IONOS we are looking for you, a Site Reliability Engineer with focus on virtualization. We give you a lot of responsibility and creative possibilities to ensure the reliable operation of the comprehensive and worldwide platform and to drive its further development.
- A dynamic environment that is open to technical innovations and creative solutions awaits you.
- You take care of our virtualization platform with over 33000 Vms on 1500+ servers in multiple datacenters located around the world and ensure their high availability.
- Your responsibilities also include software development for our internal VI portal, which is used for orchestrating controllers (Ovirt, Vcenter) and ordering VMs by our internal customers.
- You analyze problems, eliminate faults and document them.
- You plan consolidation, migration and renewal projects in coordination with the business units and implement them as IT responsible.
- You will maintain the monitoring system for the platform, optimize the VI platform based on metrics, automate manual tasks and evaluate new technologies.
- In addition, you will participate in a rotating 2nd level on-call support for the virtualization platform together with your teammates.
You have a degree in computer science or an equivalent professional training. Furthermore, you have professional experience in the administration of a Linux server environment (ideally even a virtualization environment) and in the maintenance or further development of a software product.
- Profound knowledge in Linux system administration is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of at least one linux-based virtualization technology (RHEV, Ovirt, KVM, Xen) as well as practical experience in the conception, the implementation as well as the operation of a virtualization platform are advantageous.
- Experience in software development (VCS, libraries, unit tests, etc.) is required for the development of the internal VI portal (Python based).
- Know-how in script languages like Bash, Python, as well as in automation and orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible) complete your profile.
- Basic knowledge of NFS storage solutions (e.g. Netapp), networking (e.g. Trunks), Prometheus, Grafana, databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) are required.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and documentation are not foreign words for you.
- Good English skills complete your profile.
- Structured and independent way of working as well as the ability to work in a team, communicative and open-minded appearance towards our internal partners are also part of the job definition for you.
- Hybrid working model with home office option.
- Flexible working hours through trust-based working hours.
- At some locations a subsidized canteen and various free drinks.
- Modern office space with very good transport connections.
- Various employee discounts for activities and products.
- Employee events such as summer and winter parties, as well as workshops.
- Numerous training and development opportunities.
- Various health offers, such as sports and health courses.
Location: Karlsruhe, Work from home or Work from home
Category: IT System Administration
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 3892
IONOS is the leading European digitalization partner for small and medium-sized businesses (SMB). The company serves around six million customers and operates across 18 markets in Europe and North America, with its services being accessible worldwide. With its Web Presence & Productivity portfolio, IONOS acts as a 'one-stop shop' for all digitalization needs: from domains and web hosting to classic website builders and do-it-yourself solutions, from e-commerce to online marketing tools. In addition, the company offers Cloud Solutions to enterprises who are looking to move to the cloud as their businesses evolve.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5