Linux QA Automation Engineer - Compute (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
We are running the infrastructure for thousands of virtual machines. Our hypervisor hosts are connected to the storage servers via a low latency InfiniBand network, being accessed via RDMA. We maintain our own QEMU and Kernel patches, together with upstream contributions. Your role will be to design, create and run automated test plans, providing feedback to the rest of the team. Your skills will be extended to the entire infrastructure, ensuring that all components are tested both separately and together. Performance, reliability and efficiency is what you aim for in close co-operation with your other team mates.
- Participate as a team member in planning, software design, developing and testing our complete Linux stack.
- Work closely with our specialists to help optimize and debug the KVM/QEMU solution for our virtual data center environment.
- Automate test cases and partner with other team members to further develop the testing environment.
- Document, draft and execute test plans for e.g. performance, load, stress and security testing and integrate them in a CD pipeline.
- Help design, set up and maintain the different test environments.
- Deep understanding of Linux, preferably Debian or Ubuntu.
- Fluent in Bash and at least one of Python/Golang/Rust.
- Proven knowledge in analysing and documenting software bugs.
- Highly experienced in and knowledgeable of test techniques such as boundary analysis, type checking, negative testing, test-data coverage analysis, coverage testing.
- Good knowledge of the Linux Kernel Memory and Processing stacks is an advantage.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of German is an advantage.
Category: IT Quality Assurance / -management
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 687
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5