Linux Systemengineer (f/m/d) of internal virtualization platform
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
For the support of the internal, linux-based virtualization platform at 1&1 IONOS we are looking for you, a system engineer with focus on virtualization and software maintenance. We give you a lot of responsibility and creative possibilities to ensure the reliable operation of the extensive and worldwide platform together with a competent team and to drive its further development. A dynamic environment that is open to technical innovations and creative solutions awaits you.
- You administer our virtualization platform and ensure its high availability.
- You also maintain the software of the virtualization platform and develop it continuously.
- You analyze problems, eliminate faults and document them.
- You plan consolidation, migration and renewal projects in coordination with the business units and implement them as IT responsible.
- You will perform performance analysis and optimization and evaluate new technologies.
- In addition, you will participate in a rotating 2nd level on-call support for the virtualization platform together with your team.
You have a degree in computer science or an equivalent professional training. Furthermore, you have first professional experience in the administration of a virtualization environment or software development.
- Good knowledge of at least one virtualization technology (RHEV, Ovirt, KVM) is a prerequisite.
- Practical experience in software engineering, conceptual design, SW development (frontend, backend, API) and operation of a web platform is highly desired.
- Experience in the development of secure and performant web applications, in UX design or in handling software code (GIT, SSDLC), is useful.
- For administration a basic knowledge of NFS storage solutions (e.g. Netapp), networking (Vlan, Trunks), Prometheus, Grafana, databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and Linux systems is useful.
- Know-how in script languages like Bash, Python, as well as in automation and orchestration tools (e.g. Puppet, Ansible) complete your profile.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and documentation are not foreign words for you.
- Good English skills complete your profile.
- Structured and independent way of working as well as the ability to work in a team, communicative and open-minded appearance towards our internal partners are also part of the system administration for you.
What else we would like to tell you:
It's not a problem if you can't or don't know everything perfectly. We will teach you what you don't know. It is therefore important to us that you are interested in the job, motivated and eager to learn, and that you share this knowledge with others.
Category: IT System Administration
Work experience: Graduates | Professionals
Reference ID: 858
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5