Infrastructure Engineer (f/m/d)
At IONOS, the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services, you will work together with a wide range of teams. We are characterized by open structures, a friendly working culture and flat hierarchies with a strong team spirit. We firmly believe that work and fun are compatible, and offer you the right environment for this. Our constant growth means that we are always looking for new colleagues. Become part of IONOS and grow with us.I want to apply now via online application form Back to the overview
Our team consists of technology enthusiasts who design optimised server and storage hardware for IONOS. We build servers from custom optimised chassis to 3D printed brackets/guides to DC power and water cooling in custom designed racks and cold aisle enclosures. The servers are operated in thousands in globally distributed data centers in a highly automated manner. The team has direct contact and influence on the Data Center Infrastructure Engineering team, where state-of-the-art data centers are developed and built. To strengthen our bare metal developments we are looking for energetic and experienced support as soon as possible:
- Optimisation of existing server and storage systems.
- Evaluation of new systems and components (e.g. new microarchitectures, new memory technologies, processor features etc.).
- Testing/tuning of hardware/firmware in terms of functionality and efficiency.
- Testing/tuning of the Linux kernel.
- Testing/tuning of BIOS/BMC functions for comprehensive automation (IPMI, Redfish etc).
- Performing performance analysis.
You have a founded knowledge and years of experience in developing and testing server and storage hardware. You bring the following:
- Enjoy working with IT hardware and its innovations.
- A passion for prototyping and case customisation (e.g. 3D printing of brackets/guides).
- Understanding of the relevance of energy efficiency incl. power supply/cooling (Optimisation of TCO/Total Cost of Ownership).
- Sound knowledge in hardware and Linux environment.
- Profound understanding of BIOS/UEFI/Firmware/BMC.
- Structured, independent and conscientious working style.
- You know your way around in a fast changing industry environment and have a good sense of which innovations have a chance and which do not.
- Confident English in written and spoken.
What else we would like to tell you:
We are building the factories of the future. We have very deep value creation and need creative minds that are willing to question and improve current solutions every day.
Category: IT System Administration
Work experience: Professionals
Reference ID: 918
1&1 IONOS is Europe's leading platform for cloud services and hosting services. We successfully support our customers in their business development.
More than 4000 employees in serveral countries around the world are working to meet the requirements and wishes of our 8.5 million customers.
We promote the development of our employees and their different talents, interests and languages.
We value diversity and welcome all applications - regardless of, for example, gender, nationality, ethnic or social origin, religion, disability, age as well as sexual orientation and identity, physical characteristics, marital status or any other irrelevant factor subject to applicable law.
Recruiting Team IONOS
Hinterm Hauptbahnhof 3-5