For our location in Berlin we are looking for a:
Software Engineer in Test – Linux Storage Stack (m/f)
Reference ID: BE-PrBi-1810087
- Dive into a sophisticated cloud stack.
- Participate as a team member in planning sprints, software design, and developing and testing features at the Linux stack level.
- Co-operate with development for optimization and debugging of a new-generation Storage Backend for our virtual data center environment.
- Automate test cases and partner with other team members on automation plans.
- Draft and execute test plans for performance, load, stress, endurance and security testing.
- Validate the acceptance/completeness of the features through both manual and automated means at a full stack level.
- Working with Linux Kernel, Linux Storage stack, KVM and InfiniBand.
- Handling of several userspace tools, like qemu etc.
- Derive quality metrics from the development environment.
- Grow your peers in terms of Linux Networking stack and testing expertise.
- Strong operational experience (e.g., as a developer, system administrator, QA) with Linux (kernel/userland, virtualization, server, storage, etc.).
- Fluent in some scripting languages (e.g., Python, Bash) and familiar with CLI.
- (Good) knowledge of the Linux kernel storage stack.
- Knowledge in Virtualization technologies, KVM/QEMU internals is a plus.
- Show intuition and knowledge about analysing software to find bugs and apply that knowledge in order to drive the quality of the service.
- Proficient in delivering under Agile Scrum, Continuous Integration.
- Highly experienced in and knowledgeable of test techniques such as boundary analysis, type checking, negative testing, test-data coverage analysis, coverage testing and other techniques.
- Hands-on experience, having performed both functional, non-functional testing & ability to review requirements, design, code as needed.
- Specialist at using and enhancing automation testing frameworks and tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details.
- Very good communication skills.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of German is an advantage.
For reasons of better readability, we have used the male language form (when and wherever applicable) throughout the text. However, this does not imply any kind of discrimination against other sexes, but should be understood as gender-neutral in the sense of linguistic simplification.