Senior Network Engineer (f/m/d)
The Network Engineer (Backbone) is responsible for designing, deploying, securing and providing escalation support of the 1&1 Backbone within the global Wide Area Network team.
- You operate WAN infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements for a highly available, robust, resilient and secure network.
- You advanced troubleshooting of Juniper MX and Cisco ASR platforms forwarding IPv6 and Legacy IP.
- You orchestrate RIPE/ARIN Prefixes under multiple AS numbers.
- You create and maintain high quality documentation, document root causes and update NOC runbooks.
- You establish and report on benchmarks for WAN availability, performance and capacity.
Your educational background is a Bachelor degree in Network Engineering, Computer Information Systems or equivalent practical experience on Layer 1-4.
- You speak fluently BGPv4, MPLS, OSPF, ISIS and you have a solid knowledge of DWDM.
- You have hands-on experience with Junos and IOS XR.
- You are willing and able to plan, lead and report huge rollout projects.
- You understand cultural differences, are willing and able to work as part of a global team.
- You have a confident attitude, excellent communication and documentation skills (fluently in German and English).
I want to apply now via online application form