Network/System Engineer (Development) (m/f/d)
Das sind Ihre Aufgaben:
With more than eight million customer contracts, 1&1 IONOS is the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services. From VPS to bare metal servers to high-end IaaS solutions: 1&1 IONOS offers medium-sized and large companies all the products they need to build their hybrid or multi-cloud environments and is the only IaaS cloud computing provider in Germany with its own code stack. With over 90,000 servers, 1&1 IONOS operates one of the world's largest and highest quality IT infrastructures. In Crisp Research's Cloud Vendor Universe, 1&1 IONOS has repeatedly been recognized as one of the leading providers of cloud platforms.
The Enterprise Cloud of 1&1 IONOS is the "Cloud - Made in Germany" with self-developed, data protection-compliant IaaS platform for companies, system houses/integrators and managed service providers. It is flexibly scalable and offers free 24/7 support by qualified system administrators. During operation, the capacity of all components can be adapted to current requirements thanks to Live Vertical Upscaling.
1&1 IONOS was created in 2018 from the merger of 1&1 Internet with the Berlin-based IaaS provider ProfitBricks and is part of the listed United Internet AG. For our location Berlin, Deutschland we are looking for a Kernel Developer.
- Developing and maintaining a high performance, globally distributed cloud hosting network using a range of diverse technologies.
- Designing and implementing new features and adopting new technologies (both hardware and "Software defined") on the network.
- Educating Operations staff on the functioning of the network, creating documentation, taking part in troubleshooting and analysis of everyday operation of the network.
Das wünschen wir uns:
- High proficiency in programming with C.
- Experience in Linux device driver development and knowledge of Linux Kernel internals and Linux networking stack.
- Proficiency in Linux system administration and automation, including writing code in a scripting language (Python etc.).
- Proven experience in Open vSwitch.
- Experience with Linux user space and system development tools and processes (git, gcc, gdb, etc.).
- Proficiency in Linux network stack. Deep knowledge of IPv4/IPv6, TCP networking protocols. Understanding of kernel routing, bridging, vxlan, vrf, BPF, etc.
- Good understanding of Linux userspace networking tools - routing daemons, tcpdump, etc.
- Familiarity with networking hardware: switches, routers, firewalls, especially Juniper, is a plus.
- Experience in Linux virtualization stack (KVM, QEMU, VirtIO) is a plus.
- Experience in InfiniBand is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for exploring new technologies and meeting new challenges.
- Fluent English (German is a plus).
I want to apply now via online application form