Senior Python Developer (m/f/d)
Das sind Ihre Aufgaben:
With more than eight million customer contracts, 1&1 IONOS is the leading European provider of cloud infrastructure, cloud services and hosting services. From VPS to bare metal servers to high-end IaaS solutions: 1&1 IONOS offers medium-sized and large companies all the products they need to build their hybrid or multi-cloud environments and is the only IaaS cloud computing provider in Germany with its own code stack. With over 90,000 servers, 1&1 IONOS operates one of the world's largest and highest quality IT infrastructures. In Crisp Research's Cloud Vendor Universe, 1&1 IONOS has repeatedly been recognized as one of the leading providers of cloud platforms.
The Enterprise Cloud of 1&1 IONOS is the "Cloud - Made in Germany" with self-developed, data protection-compliant IaaS platform for companies, system houses/integrators and managed service providers. It is flexibly scalable and offers free 24/7 support by qualified system administrators. During operation, the capacity of all components can be adapted to current requirements thanks to Live Vertical Upscaling.
1&1 IONOS was created in 2018 from the merger of 1&1 Internet with the Berlin-based IaaS provider ProfitBricks and is part of the listed United Internet AG. For our location Berlin, Deutschland we are looking for a Senior Python Developer.
- Help us run and improve our internal cloud management tool: administration, orchestration, reports, capacity management - you name it.
- Interact with all departments to assess their requirements for business solutions and work with them on continuous improvement.
- Work in a small and effective agile team, managing code reviews.
- Planning and completing projects independently and keeping related documentation up to date.
Das wünschen wir uns:
- Passion to develop testable and maintainable software.
- Interest in code review as an opportunity to learn and exchange.
- Drive towards atomic Git commits that are self-explaining.
- Fluent in Python 2 and/or 3 and its ecosystem (5 years experience).
- Experience with one or more web-frameworks and ORMs, preferably Django.
- Passion to fight technical debt.
- Experience with Git, rebasing, interactive rebasing.
- Knowledge in software testing and desire to write tests and continuously increase test coverage.
- Expertise with SQL, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with Linux, ideally Debian.
- Self-initiative, independent recognition and assessment of problems and the raising of suggestions for improvements.
- Bonus: Experience with Ansible, Debian packaging, CSS and Bash scripting.
- Bonus: Working with SCRUM or other agile methodologies.
- Understanding of Change and Release Management in terms of ITIL is a plus.
- Fluent in verbal and written English, good knowledge of German is a plus.
I want to apply now via online application form